The Academic Affairs Directorate is responsible to the Registrar, and provides strategic and policy directions regarding the academic matters of the University. It has the responsibility for the development and the implementation of academic policies as well as the provision of student support services. The Office works closely with the Academic Board, Executive Committee and Management Committee of the University towards the effective realisation of the UPSA’s mission and vision.
The Directorate also performs the following functions:
• Facilitates and supervises examinations, affiliations, admissions, sports, graduation and matriculation, outreach programmes on admissions
• Disseminates and implements Academic Board decisions
• Liaises with Deans/Heads of Department on the appointment of external examiners
• Liaises with the national regulatory board for equivalences of academic qualifications
• Manages the Matriculation Register on behalf of the Registrar