It is announced for the information of all 2023 Graduands in the School of Graduate Studies of the University of Professional Studies, Accra, and the general public that the 5th Session of the 15thCongregation and Special Congregation Ceremony of the University to confer an honorary doctorate degree as well as award degree certificates to persons who successfully completed their programmes of study in the 2022/2023 academic year will be held as follows:
Date: Tuesday, 12th December, 2023
Time: 9.00 a.m.
Venue: Kofi Ohene-Konadu Auditorium (KOKA)
What will the combined event involve?
• There will be a conferment of honorary doctorate degrees
• The School of Graduate Studies will be presenting exclusively its Ph.D. and One Year MA & MSc graduating students for the award of Doctor of Philosophy and Master’s degrees.
Registration for the Congregation
Students who have completed their programmes of study in September 2023 in the School of Graduate Studies and wish to be presented at the ceremony are requested to follow the procedure below to register for the ceremony:
• A non-refundable fee of GH¢450.00 is to be paid at any branch of Access Bank Ltd and the payment disbursed on interpay student’s payment portal as a graduation fee.
• Graduands should log onto their USIS student’s portal and click on the “Register for Graduation” tab to register for the graduation ceremony.
The closing date for registration is Friday, 8th December, 2023. No late registration will be entertained.
List of Graduands:
The list of graduands will be made available on the University’s website: https://upsa.edu.gh/2023-graduating-class-list-upsa
Collection and Return of the Academic Gown
Use your proof of registration and the interpay disbursement print-out to collect the gown and souvenirs from Room 403, Third Floor, Students’ Resources Centre starting from Wednesday, 6th December, 2023.
The deadline for the collection of the gown is 5.00 pm on Monday, 11th December, 2023.
Graduands are requested to return the academic gowns by 5.00 pm on Wednesday, 13th December, 2023. Failure to do so will attract a penalty of GH¢50.00 per day.
Those to be presented will be expected to be seated at the Auditorium by 8:30 am in the appropriate academic gown worn over suit/jacket with a UPSA necktie or scarf in the case of ladies.
• Graduands are to note that those who fail to attend the ceremony will equally be required to pay the same amount and cleared of all financial obligations before their souvenirs and certificates are released to them.
• Attendance of the graduation ceremony is limited to graduating students (graduands) and only two invitees/guests from the graduand.
• Parties on lawns and other open spaces on campus after the ceremony are prohibited.
• Granduands who wish to collect their certificates on graduation day should take steps to clear themselves of all obligations to the University before the collection time.
Further Information: Visit www.upsa.edu.gh or call: 0303-937544/0303-937542