Vacancy: Senior Assistant Registrars
The University wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified persons who are staff of UPSA to fill vacant positions of Senior Assistant Registrars.
• Provide administrative, supervisory and coordinating support to the Faculty/Unit/ Directorate.
• Assist in the implementation of decisions and policies of the University.
• Ensure proper records management systems for the Faculty/Unit/Directorate in compliance with existing compliance with approved procedures and regulations of UPSA.
• Provide administrative support to the Registrar by serving as Recorder to committees as may be assigned.
• Effectively supervises activities to achieve optimum performance of operations in support to supervisor, university community and external stakeholders.
• Coordinates and supervises activities and ceremonies managed by the Faculty/Directorate/ Unit in compliance with existing approved procedures and regulations of UPSA.
• Prepares work plans for staff in line with strategic objectives of the Faculty/Directorate/ Unit.
• Supervises and manages office staff.
• Provides input, to include research where needed, information and data to guide/inform the formulation of policies.
• Supervises the effective implementation of UPSA’s statutes and policies.
• Provides “on-the-job” training for staff and makes recommendation for further training as may be needed.
• Appraises staff performance and provides timely feedback for further action.
• Takes minutes of meetings and prepares reports professionally.
Candidates must have:
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree from an accredited tertiary institution in any of the following fields: Management, Higher Education Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources, Social Sciences or other related disciplines.
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience on the rank of Assistant Registrar.
• Satisfactory performance evidenced by feedback from the annual performance appraisals from the most recent four years.
• Evidence of contributions to professional practice in one’s area of specialisation or higher education administration in the form of at least five (5) publications, position papers, memoranda, reports in his/her area.
• General knowledge and experience of university administration, systems, procedures and structures
• Knowledge of Ghana Tertiary Education Commission requirements for tertiary institutions
• Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Report writing skills
• Basic knowledge of budgeting and financial planning
• Proficiency in computer applications (USIS, Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Knowledge of vision, mission, and values of UPSA and an understanding of their alignment to the work of the Faculty/Directorate/Unit.
• plan, organise, coordinate programmes/activities
• design and implement innovative programs to improve upon existing work processes
• take decisions
• establish priorities
• monitor performance of people and work progress
• identify and solve problems
• conduct and manage meetings effectively.
• Be pro-active and result-driven
• Have a “can do” approach to work
• Be a team player
• Ability to articulate views and decision without being confrontational.
• Be able to work with minimum supervision
• Ability to conduct self in a manner that elicit trust, respect and confidence of team members
• Be a person of integrity
• Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
Mode of Application
In accordance with UPSA’s Criteria for Appointments and Promotions for Non-Teaching Senior Members (https://upsa.edu.gh/docx/policies/appointment-promotion.pdf), qualified persons should complete the prescribed application form indicating position sought, and submit seven (7) copies of their application to include:
• most recent curriculum vitae;
• three letters of recommendation; and
• at least five (5) publications, position papers, memoranda, reports in their area.
The above, as well as all relevant supporting documents, should be addressed to:
University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA)
Post Office Box LG 149
5 p.m. on Friday, February 12, 2021