The University of Professional Studies Accra (UPSA) has presented awards to selected industry players, Faculty and Staff who participated in its maiden “Professional Master Class” sessions. The Master Class is a new programme for final year students of the University. The Masterclass is designed to connect students with top industry persons in fields taught at UPSA in a mentor-mentee relationship. The industry players are persons who have excelled in their area of specialisation. One of them was Politician and Business guru, Dr Paa Kwesi Ndoum.
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Abednego Feehi Okoe Amartey who launched the programme said, he conceived the idea of the Master Class Programme some years ago when he was burdened with the lack of practical industry insight by Ghanaian graduates.
Professor Okoe Amartey is convinced this informal classroom session will make UPSA all the difference between graduates from the University and those from others. “Students at UPSA, are not being trained to just know the theory, but also how to do it that makes all the difference”, he added.
The awardees from industry were presented with citations whilst staff and some faculty members received certificates. The awardees expressed surprise at the award saying little did they know that the university appreciated the time they spent with the students. They pledged support-resource and time to make the Professional master Class even better next year.
Find below list of the Resource Persons/ awardees;
- Mr Clifford Mettle (Unibank Ghana Ltd)
- Mr James Afful (Ayrton Drugs Manufacturing limited
- Dr Kofi Osei Kusi (Executive President, Osei-Kusi Foundation (OKF))
- Mr David Wuaku (President, Wealth Vision Financial Services Limited)
- Mrs Winnie Halm-Whajah, Buck Press Limited
- Mr Charles Bennin, IDEAL Insurance Brokers Limited
- Mr Kwabena Akuamoah Agyekum, Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana
- Mrs Erika Mamle Osae (University of Professional Studies, Accra)
- Mr Mawuli Ocloo (CEO, Sales Mark Consult)
- Prof. Goski Alabi (Dean, CIEC, UPSA)
- Mr Patrick Awotwi (KASAPREKO Co. Ltd)
- Ms Shirley Acquah- Harrison (CEO, Kwikbrand Limited)
- Mawuko Afadzinu (Head of Marketing and Corporate Affairs at Stanbic Bank Ghana)
- Ms Abui Akorobetu, Lecturer/Media Consultant
- Mr Sammy Darko, Lecturer/Media Consultant
- Hennery Nii Dottey, Ag. GM. MG Digital Ltd
- Mr Papa Yaw Mireku – Odei
- Dr Edward Danso
- Mr Jerry Bansah
- Mr Eric Akomeah
- Mr Thomas Bondzi
- Mr Frank Adotey Addo, (Zenith Bank, Ghana Ltd)
- Mrs Ernestine Emefa Nyavo-Foli, (International Finance Corporation, Ghana.)
- John Maxwell Addo Jnr. (Fidelity Bank, Ghana)
- Mr Edward Opare Donkor, (Fidelity Bank Ghana).
- Mr Kwaku Akubour-Debrah (McKinzey Africa)
- Mr Kofi O. Boafo (B.K. Farms)
- Mr Erasung Hadijah (Isshad Plus Ltd) and
- Mr Myles Awuku (Nkansah Clothing)
- Mr Joseph Dorh, (Prime Insurance Co Ltd.)
- Mr Ebenezer Anderson, (Zenith Bank Ghana.)
- Mr Isaac Djamgba, (Nestle, Ghana)
- Mr Daniel Opoku Frimpong,(African Mining Company, Ghana)
- Mr Ernest Gavor, (+233 Apps Ltd)
- Mrs Akua Obenewa Donkor, (Chocolates Gh.)
- Mr Joshuah Tettey, (Akoshie)