▪ Students are to ensure that they are free from COVID-19 symptoms before reporting to the campus (Click here for list of symptoms).
▪ The University will provide a safe and conducive environment for all staff, students and visitors; and will ensure the strict adherence to the WHO and Ghana Health Service safety protocols.
▪ The ‘No mask; no entry’ policy will be enforced at all times. Faculty and staff have been directed to enforce this policy.
▪ Members of the University community are advised to frequently wash their hands using Veronica buckets that will be positioned at vantage points and in front of lecture halls.
▪ Students are encouraged to carry hand sanitizers at all times.
▪ Staff, students and visitors are advised to submit themselves to the temperature test; adhere to basic good hygiene, social distancing and mask-wearing protocols at all times.
▪ There shall be no mass gathering of students except for teaching and learning.
▪ Maintain Physical Distancing:
— Note that maintaining space between yourself and others is the best practice and one of the best tools to reduce your risk of infection.
— Maintain at least 6 feet (about two arm’s length) distance between yourself and others.
— Avoid handshaking, hugging and other personal contacts.
▪ Students should always remember to cover their mouths and noses with bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing.
▪ Students and employees are encouraged to stay home if a household member is diagnosed with COVID-19.
▪ Faculty, staff and students who become aware of anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 should report to the Dean, HoD, Director or the Medical Director at the University Medical Centre.
▪ Students are advised to monitor their health at all times and to watch out for symptoms of the COVID-19. They are also advised to first check their temperature if they feel sick.
▪ An isolation Centre will be provided by the University; Students are, therefore, encouraged to report to the UPSA Medical Centre for immediate medical attention if they experience any of the symptoms.
▪ All students should be prepared to self-quarantine if need be.