27th August, 2021
INTERNSHIP SIMULATION WORKSHOP (ISW)
All undergraduate Level 300 (excluding LLB) and Diploma Level 100 students who are prospective final year students of the 2021/2022 academic year must note that in place of INDUSTRY OR FIELD INTERNSHIP, students will instead be required to participate in an INTERNSHIP SIMULATION WORKSHOP (ISW).
The ISW which is structured into modules will expose students to the realities of the world of work through simulations and scenario-based analysis by the application of concepts and theories they have learnt to practical situations. In that regard, the aforementioned category of students must note of the following:
1. The ISW modules will be offered through simulated and interactive sessions via UPSA-Virtual and Zoom during the long vacation.
2. The modules are:
MODULE 1: Time Management
MODULE 2: Customer Service Skills
MODULE 3: Presentation Skills
MODULE 4: Communication Skills Training
MODULE 5: Leadership Training
MODULE 6: Emotional Intelligence
MODULES 7 – 10: Specialised topics to be delivered by the various departments based on programme being offered.
3. Students will be required to participate in activities by asynchronous mode and occasionally real-time via zoom.
4. There will be end-of-module activities including interactive forum discussions, objectives assignments and case study reports. All activities shall be graded.
5. The details of the modules such as time schedules, contents and materials, activities, grading scheme, resource persons, contacts, zoom links, etc, will be posted in the respective programmes on UPSA-Virtual.
6. You can access the course on the link: https://join.upsavirtual.site/course/view.php?id=1026
7. Use the passphrase ISW2021 as the enrolment key if you are required to do so.
8. Students are reminded that the Internship Simulation Workshop has been duly setup on the UPSA-Virtual for commencement since Wednesday, 18th July, 2021.
Ag. Director, Academic Affairs
Deans of Faculty
Heads of Department