Call for Applications | DAAD-DIES National Multiplication Training 2022
The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) is pleased to announce a call for applications to a training course for higher education managers on Project Management as a competitive tool for internationalization of Higher Education Institutions in Ghana.
This training course is part of Dialogue on Innovative Higher Education Strategies (DIES) National Multiplication Trainings (NMT), coordinated by the German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) and HRK, and aimed at promoting the development of higher education management in developing countries.
The main aim of the UPSA’s training course is to equip participants with the practical knowledge and skills on how to design, implement, monitor and evaluate projects within the context of Higher Education Institutions’ (HEIs) internationalization using project management techniques.
The contents of the training among others will include:
• Review of Concepts in International Partnership Projects
• Emerging Trends in International Partnership Projects
• Project Life Cycle
• Project Management Phases and Principles
• Project Management Tools and Techniques
• Risk and Uncertainty Analyses of International Partnership Projects
• Implementation of International Partnership Projects
• Evaluation of International Partnership Projects
• Sustainability of International Partnership Projects
The training is open to participants from public and private universities including technical and specialized HEIs in Ghana. A total of 20 participants are expected to take part in this training. The target participants are staff who have responsibilities in developing, implementing, managing, monitoring and evaluating international partnership projects. These may include:
• Staff in International Offices
• Directors of Centres
• Heads of Departments
• Assistant Registrars
Requirements for Applicants
In addition to being in the target group, the following shall be the requirements to apply for participation:
• Commitment to attend and participate in all the training workshops;
• Commitment to develop and implement a change project in their host institutions;
• Commitment in the online sessions or engagements.
Interested applicants shall be expected to download and complete an application form accessible via the following link: https://DAAD-DIES-Application-Form
The completed application should include:
• Completed Application Form;
• One-page motivation letter indicating why you would like to attend the training, your departmental and institutional goals for participating in the training;
• Abridged Curriculum Vitae (CV); and
• Support letter from the top management of your institution (e.g., the Vice Chancellor/Rector, the Pro Vice Chancellor/Pro Rector or the Registrar), stating:
– Why the applicant was recommended for the training;
– The relevance of his/her participation in the training to the institution and his unit or department;
– Institutional support to attend both workshops
– Administrative and financial support to implement the project; and
– Institutional commitment that the trained participant will be available to implement the project.
The completed application should be sent by email to [email protected]
The selection shall be done by a panel and based on merit. The panel shall consider:
• Applicant’s motivation letter
• Viability and significance of the proposed change project
• Diversity of subject areas
• Public-Private Institutional balance
• Regional balance
• Gender balance
The training programme is supported by DIES, a jointly coordinated programme of DAAD and HRK, with funds from the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). Based on DIES-DAAD funding regulations, each participant shall be supported with a lump sum to cover accommodation and meals during the workshops.
However, participants may arrange for additional funding from their home institution to cover:
• Travel expenses to and from the workshop venue, UPSA
• Change Project implementation
• Gala dinner
Training Schedule and Important Dates
|16th December, 2021||Opening of the Call|
|16th January, 2022||Close of Call|
|20th January, 2022||Feedback on Selection Outcome|
|23rd – 25th February, 2022||1st Workshop|
|TBD||Online Sessions and Mentoring|
|24th – 26th August, 2022||2nd Workshop|
All COVID-19 protocols will be observed and participants are to show proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
For more information, please send us an email to [email protected] or visit the University website at www.upsa.edu.gh