Amnesty for completed students yet to graduate
The University of Professional Studies. Accra has granted amnesty to postgraduate, undergraduate and diploma students who have exhausted the maximum duration of their programmes of study and are yet to meet the requirements for graduation due to any of the following:
1. Outstanding/failed courses to resit
2. Falling short of the required minimum credit hours for graduation.
The Amnesty programme will commence from the 2022/2023 Academic Year and will span two years (i.e., the 2022/2023 to 2023/2024 academic years).
The following eligibility criteria must be satisfied:
• Applicant must have been admitted to undergraduate and diploma programmes of the University from the 2005/2006 academic year and completed in the 2020/2021 academic year and for postgraduate programmes from 2009/2010 academic year and completed in the 2020/2021 academic year.
• Applicant must have completed his/her programme of study but without meeting the requirements for graduation and therefore did not obtain a degree or diploma certificate.
• Applicant’s maximum duration of programme of study would have expired and must be in good standing i.e. must have FCGPA of not less than 1.5 (old grading system) or J.0 (new grading system) for undergraduate and diploma students and 2.5 for postgraduate students.
• Applicant must have been required to re-sit failed courses or taken extra electives in order to meet the required credit hours for graduation.
Expression of Interest
Applicants who wish to take advantage of this opportunity are required to register at room 7/8 Academic Affairs Directorate, Seidu Mustapha Wing of the Central Administration Building and must provide the following:
1. Official Transcript of Academic Record.
2. Any valid NationsI ID card
Applicants will be required to fill and submit an Amnesty Form after successfully passing a preliminary assessment of their application.
Schedule of Fees
Details of the fees to be paid will be communicated to the applicant and it will be based on the academic programme.
Registration and Issuance of ID Cords
Applicants will be assisted to register outstanding or failed courses and issued with new student ID cards after completing their registration. Applicants must also note that phased-out courses may be replaced with new or similar courses.
Deadline for Amnesty Application
The deadline for Amnesty application is Friday, 26th August, 2022.
Applicants who need any assistance or need further clarification should contact the Academic Affairs Directorate via:
[email protected] / [email protected] or call O3O3937544/03O3937542
• All successful applicants will be required to attend lectures and participate in interim assessment(s) in the course(s) they have registered to re-sit.
• Available lecture sessions are Weekend and Evening.