Centre for Peace and Security Research (CPSR) of UPSA has established a graduate programme in Peace, Security and Intelligence Management (MPSI) to give graduates specialized skills to identify, tackle, and respond to emerging peace and security challenges in Africa and around the world. Within the broad framework of the Centre’s mandate, the programme seeks to offer prospects for research and innovative thinking in the fields of peace, security, and intelligence management to offer solutions to challenges faced by African states and the world.
Aims and Objectives of the Programme
The programme aims at developing insightful professionals who understand the multiple forces at work in peace, intelligence, and security environments related to their areas of specialization, and can offer leadership in taking action to anticipate, analyze, prevent, manage, and resolve security situations.
Objectives of the Programme
Some of the objectives of the programme are to:
- Introduce students to the principles and management of peace, security and intelligence dynamics.
- Provide students with a broad theoretical understanding of peace, security and intelligence together with exposure to a range of skills.
- Emphasize a system-based, cross-cultural approach to peace, security and intelligence and their interrelated analyses and management.
- Discuss intergroup and interagency collaboration strategies among governments, corporations, institutions, and different stakeholder groups over issues related to governance, especially hybrid forms of peace, security and intelligence provision.
- Emphasize the management of collaborative forms of international dimensions of peace, security, and intelligence.