The University does not give financial assistance to its students. However, the University through the Student Services Unit facilitates the accessing of the student loan by students.
The Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) is a government agency charged with the responsibility of granting loan to students at the various tertiary institutions. The unit explains to applicants the processes involved in accessing the loan. Below is the procedure: Procedure For Accessing Students Loans From The Students Loans Trust Fund
• Applicant must be a registered student of the university
• Must get someone who has contributed to SSNIT for 5 years and above, to serve as a guarantor
• Applicant will fill a form online by going to SLTF website; www.sltf.ghana.org
• He or she will then download two forms. One for the guarantor and the other for the appropriate official of the university to endorse for him or her.
• Must obtain e-zwich card by contacting an appropriate bank for the card.
• Must register with SSNIT for a number
• The amount per an academic year ranges between GH¢250 – GH¢1050 and the exact amount is determined by SLTF based on your needs by assessing or analysing the information you provided
• The amount so determined would be divided into two and qualified students receives 50% each semester
• The student will take the loan yearly for the period that he/she will be in school
• The total amount will attract interest and the student will have to pay back the loan with the interest after completion of school.
• There is a representative from Students Loan Trust Fund, stationed at AB9 on UPSA campus, to guide applicants in accessing the loan.
The Unit also provides administrative services to students seeking financial assistance from both individual philanthropists, District Assemblies, MPs, NGO’s and other Corporate Bodies.
Contacts Of Officers In The Unit:
1. General Services-Mr.Gyeke-Darko (firstname.lastname@example.org 0244950435)
2. Student Accommodation- Mrs. Patience A. Tackie (email@example.com 0208742973)
3. Student Loan-Mrs. Vivian Nettey (firstname.lastname@example.org 0277489664)