Welcome to the Faculty of Management Studies
The Faculty of Management Studies of University of Professional Studies, Accra is the premier Centre for Professional Education in Ghana and continues to lead the way in preparing students for the Administration of Business. The Faculty has two departments, namely the Departments of Business Administration and Marketing. The Faculty gained its status as Academic Faculty in 2005/2006 Academic year.
The Faculty of Management Studies is distinguished by an enviable pedigree which has reflected in its outstanding products of students and alumni who have always exhibited scholarship with professionalism both nationally and internationally.
From its beginning, the Faculty has been a place of intellectual excellence; it is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge through education and research— all with an eye on building a knowledge society. We infuse rigorous scholarship into our teaching to deliver an education dedicated to training new generations of leaders equipped with strategic decision-making skills in Public Policy, Business Management, and International Relations to address the challenges of our country and the globe.
The UPSA Faculty of Management Studies is dedicated to delivering bold new ideas in the classroom where students receive unmatched access through small class sizes and their far-reaching networks with leaders in government, industry, and non-governmental organizations.
The Faculty is large, distinguished, and diverse. It includes noted scholars, authors, sought-after consultants, and master teachers who hold advanced degrees from prestigious institutions and other world-class universities.
The Faculty of Management Studies is headed by the Dean, Prof Abednego Okoe Feehi Amartey. He is assisted by the Vice Dean, Mrs Fidelis Quansah.
Mrs Beatrice Akosua Adjepong is the Faculty Officer and is assisted by two Departmental Officers; Mrs Leticia Aryana Gagakumah, responsible for the department of Marketing and Mrs Harriet Adzowu. Mr Felix Mawuli Zanu is the Faculty Records Officer.
The Faculty of Management of the University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA) was established to provide both academic and professional education to the country.
Quality is important to our Faculty because we value our students. We strive to provide our students with courses which meet and even exceed their expectations. We are committed to continuous improvement and have established Quality Management Systems, which provide a framework for measuring and improving our performance. Our internal procedures are reviewed regularly and held in a Quality Manual which is made available to employees.
• Redefine the Business Graduate We start by taking a stand on the cultural principles that are ours. We then change the core, elective, and experiential curriculum to deliver our archetype innovative leader.
• Realize Our Intellectual Future We are distinguished by deep grounding in the academic disciplines, which attracts the world’s top faculty, and by pulling together this disciplinary strength to create leaders of uncommon character and innovative capability.
• Transform Our UPSA Campus We will make investments in new facilities that address the past game-changing developments. The first shift is from course instruction to learning beyond the classroom. The second is from simply earning degrees early in one’s career to learning that is whole-career.
We envision an educational culture grounded actively in service to the university community and our stakeholders: embodying honesty, cooperation, and delight in diversity and self-responsibility. The vision recognizes the interdependence of all beings and support for all in the provision and acquisition of knowledge.
The mission of the Management Faculty is to create an environment where the values of the University community reinforce self- acceptance in education and acceptance of diversity.Globally, and promote an environment founded in collaboration, support for educational gathering, workshops, seminars and lectures.
Our Shared Values
We all strive towards a unique state worthy of:
• Embracing group diversity.
• Supporting personal growth.
• Fostering a sense of responsible community living
• We are respectful and supportive of each member’s dignity.
• We are dedicated in creating an atmosphere of togetherness in the spirit of honesty, love and service.
• BSc Marketing degree programme
• Tertiary Diploma in Marketing
Business Administration Department
• Bachelor of Business Administration undergraduate programme
• Tertiary Diploma in Management